Concentration of Human Health & Life Sciences expertise
The VU research building will house a wide range of facilities and functions required for education and research within the theme Human Health & Life Sciences, such as:
– education: various lecture rooms and rooms for self-study
– office and work environment
– laboratory environment, including laboratories (biochemical / ML and practical Synthesis) and laboratories (MLII level), research facilities (including physiological layouts, electron microscopy, and laser facilities)
– campus facilities (including a technology service centre and a server room, catering, meeting and conference accommodation)
– R&D facility for cooperation with third parties
With the design of this building, the VU aspires to achieve the BREEAM New Building Design certificate level Excellent. That means that sustainable measures are taken into account from the start of the design and developed for future use. This creates a liveable, energy-efficient and durable building.